Sunday, July 29, 2018

Dear God

Dear God
Written by EliNyamal 

If I ever become rich one day, please let me not forget what it was like once to struggle just to make a living. Paint all my flaws and my hardships in my heart forever. So when I meet someone who have gone through the same struggle, I will keep my word and never leave them high and dry.

We are only human and we are not perfect. With you my Lord, anything is possible and I am able to control my desires. Even with riches, I don’t need to buy pleasure. Your will is safer than my will. You’re blessings are far more greater than my own self desires. I will strictly carry my duty to help those in needs and patiently wait for what you have ordained for me. Because I know it will be worth it. Your Love is greater and you want what is best for me. And because you have loved me first, I will love others and do what is best for them.

I know what it’s like to taste the worldly riches, how it feels to never have to worry about my bills, and not putting limit on food. What’s it’s like to spend without looking at a budget.

I will also never forget what it’s like to not have a single dime in my pocket or my bank account. I will never forget what it’s like to raise children alone and having to cut off car insurance just to get by. I will never forget what it’s like to be arrested and treated as a criminal due to poverty. I will never forget what it’s like to be hurt and still vulnerable to have someone forgive you. 

Even through the worse, I will never forget what it’s like to lose a child in your arm. I will never forget what it’s like to be rejected and be called a problem. I will never forget what it’s like to grow without parents and be abused by others. I will never forget what it’s like to be raped and your own people still blames you for it. I will never forget what it’s like to always be alone feeling like the world doesn’t care or even think of me. I will never forget what it’s like to be lonely in those days when you need someone. There’s still more and the list goes on. 

 


These are my marks forever and I wrote this latter today to remind myself everyday to keep my word to help someone who has been in those places. Life wasn’t fair but because I got to know you Lord, I will be the fairest of all.


Because of you my Lord, I have endured.

No comments:

Post a Comment